To get started you only need:
- A microphone (and cable)
- Pair of headphones
- Recording software
- mixing board (optional, gives more control over sound and you can have more than one microphone)
- Libsyn ($5/month & up to 100MB of new content per month with unlimited downloads)
- Podango ( Free but tacks short ads onto the start and end of each of your shows)
- Internet Archive
What makes a podcast a podcast, and not just a set of media files available for download, is the feed. Software like iTunes can subscribe to your feed and automatically download new episodes of your show.
“Audacity and Wild Voice Studio, both offer free podcast recording program downloads. With an inexpensive microphone, a free download and a bit of time, you will be on your way to publishing downloadable podcasts on the Internet.”
Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_7265302_podcasting-software.html#ixzz32yNhaVc0
“Good podcast software allows you to:
- Record – Most podcast software can record from a variety of sources including a microphone, from a CD or directly from the computer’s sound card. Some can even record both sides of a VoIP conversation.
- Edit – The best podcast software include audio editors, so you can mix tracks, cut segments of audio, add effects, convert formats and much more.
- Publish – Publishing is what sets podcast software apart from a typical audio editor. Podcast software can help you add tags and descriptions and post to your blog, website or to a podcast directory.”
In Deep Show, a humorous view of life as we see it! Site of the week.